Podcast: Play in new window | Download
There’s a rumor going around that Apple may institute paid placement for search results in the App Store. We consider this rumor today and think about how paid placement would affect our apps and the App Store in general.
Release Notes 2016
If you’re serious about your business, Release Notes 2016 is the one conference you want to go to this year. We’ll be bringing together thought provoking speakers and business owners to discuss all aspects of running a product or consulting business in the iOS and Mac ecosystem. Release Notes 2016 will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana on September 27-29, 2016 and tickets are now available. You can watch videos of last year’s conference at http://releasenotes.tv/videos, or you get more information about Release Notes 2016 and its schedule on our website at http://releasenotes.tv/conference.
Every month there are more great articles and content about the business of Mac and iOS development than we have time to discuss on the show. If you’d like to receive our monthly newsletter with the best of these links, be sure to sign up for our mailing list at http://releasenotes.tv/mailinglist.
Show Notes and Links
- “There’s no marketing fees!” – Steve Jobs on the introduction of the App Store
- What is the average cost per install for different types of apps?
- Paid App Store Search by Daniel Jalkut
- Apple’s Organizational Crossroads by Ben Thompson
- Jeff Williams Named Apple COO, Phil Schiller Takes Over App Store Leadership – Actually, it will have been six months. (19:01)