Backing up your computers isn’t sexy, but it’s important for the long-term health of your business. So today we (once again) discuss our backup strategies, and in particular how they have changed since we last spoke about the topic. We talk about improvements that Joe has made to his backup system, and changes that Charles made to his on-site and cloud backups in light of CrashPlan discontinuing its consumer plan.
Every month there are more great articles and content about the business of Mac and iOS development than we have time to discuss on the show. If you’d like to receive our monthly newsletter with the best of these links, be sure to sign up for our mailing list at http://releasenotes.tv/mailinglist.
Show Notes and Links
- World Backup Day
- International Verify Your Backups Day
- Carbon Copy Cloner – the tool both Joe and Charles use for cloning their boot drives
- Backblaze – Joe’s cloud backup service of choice
- SpiderOak ONE – the cloud backup service that Charles now uses
- Synology DS418 – an updated version of the NAS that Charles is using for local backups (Charles is using the 2016 version of this device, the DS416)