Charles and Joe catch up after a few weeks off. Joe talks about his trip to the Devoxx conference in Belgium and the presentation that he gave while there. Charles talks about his legal troubles, trademark disputes, changing his company’s name, dealing with domain squatters, and his wonderful experience with Apple Developer Program Support.
Show Notes & Links
- Devoxx 2013 – the conference in Belgium where Joe recently presented
- Parley – the site where Joe’s talk and all the other Devoxx talks should soon appear
- Lean Domain Search – the best gibberish domain search tool the Charles found during his company name change
- Trademark Electronic Seach System (TESS) – the trademark search tool provided by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Note: In this episode, Charles credited his wonderful experience with Apple to the great people in Apple Developer Relations. Although the developer relations guys are great too, proper credit in this case belongs to the fine folks at Apple Developer Program Support. So if you’re a member of either group, be sure to find Charles at WWDC. He’d be happy to buy you a drink in thanks.
This episode is sponsored by iOctocat, the GitHub client for your iPhone. iOctoCat is the best way to stay up to date with what’s up in your projects and catch up with the open source ecosystem. It gives you quick access to your repositories, commits, notifications, and more. And now iOctocat is free for open source projects! To get more information about iOctocat visit the iOctocat website or purchase iOctocat on the App Store.