Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today we’ve got part two of our conversation with Jim Dalrymple of The Loop Magazine. In today’s conversation, we talk about whether, given the chance to do it over again, Jim would make The Loop Magazine a Newsstand app or just a regular Springboard app. Jim also shares with us why he doesn’t want his subscribers’ personal information and his views on auto-renewing subscriptions. Then we talk about the recent redesign of The Loop Magazine, Chris Harris’ Glide architecture, and the story of how the the details of version two were hammered out over an epic seven hour pub meeting. We close with Jim’s take on the importance of working with good people and letting them do their work.
Show Notes & Links
- Jim Dalrymple (@jdalrymple) on Twitter
- The Loop – Jim’s Apple website on Apple and tech news
- Amplified – Jim’s podcast on 5by5, co-hosted with Dan Benjamin
- The Loop Magazine – Jim’s iOS Newsstand app
- Glide – The architecture used by version 2 of The Loop Magazine