WatchKit was recently announced to permit apps to be developed for the Apple Watch, so today we discuss what we got and what business opportunities might now be available to us. We discuss why Joe’s excited for the Apple Watch and Charles isn’t, business models for WatchKit apps, the difference between a hobbyist and business mindset, and predictions for the future.
We’re planning a conference! Release Notes will be held October 21-23, 2015 in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. If you would like to learn more about our conference on the business of iOS and Mac development, please visit our website at http://releasenotes.tv/conference.
Every month there are more great articles and content about the business of Mac and iOS development than we have time to discuss on the show. If you’d like to receive our monthly newsletter with the best of these links, as well as a summary of past episodes, and early access to conference tickets when they become available, be sure to sign up for our mailing list at http://releasenotes.tv/mailinglist.
Show Notes & Links
- Joe’s post on the Dev Forums
- Introducing As I Learn WatchKit – by David Smith
- How to Make a Hit App (Part 1) – An episode from Dave Wiskus’ Better Elevation video podcast
- Brian Gilham: WatchKit Resources
- Stu Maschwitz, filmmaker on opinions vs. reactions
- A great app for recording podcasts by Allen Pike
- Professional App Pricing by Rob Rhyne