Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today we take a look at App Store Optimization or “ASO.” We consider the sorry state of App Store search that makes many developers feel that some sort of ASO is necessary, and discuss the fine line between effective and unethical uses of ASO. Then we dive deep into a great article on ASO from Dan Counsell, talk about adding descriptions to your app title, and give some hints on researching effective App Store keywords.
Show Notes & Links
- Christmas Continues To Set App Download Records In Spite Of Slowing Growth and Globalization of App Market by Flurry (Thanks to Steve Barr!)
- Tweet from David Barnard showing App Santa sales spike
- What is App Store Optimisation? by Dan Counsell
- iOS 7 Tech Talks – Joe was referring to the talk titled “App Store Distribution and Marketing for Apps”. (Requires a developer account.)
- ASO Cheat Sheet by Dan Counsell