You probably know Jared Sinclair from his app Unread and his recent tell-all financial post that’s been making waves in the iOS development community this past week. Today Jared joins us to explain why exactly he shared Unread’s financial results, his reaction to the feedback he’s received since sharing his sales figures, his thoughts on what went wrong with Unread, and his plans for what comes next.
Every month there are more great articles and content about the business of Mac and iOS development than we have time to discuss on the show. If you’d like to receive our monthly newsletter with the best of these links, as well as a summary of past episodes, be sure to sign up for our mailing list at http://releasenotes.tv/mailinglist.
Show Notes & Links
- Unread – An RSS Reader – Jared Sinclair’s RSS app
- A Candid Look at Unread’s First Year by Jared Sinclair – Jared’s post that started the conversation
- Who at the Table is an Indie iOS Developer? by Brent Simmons
- Papering Over App Store Problems by Ben Thompson of Stratechery
- App Rot by Marco Arment – in which Marco advocates getting rid of "top lists" in the App Store